Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stage one: Centre Place Site Visit

I had never been to Centre Place before, so it was very interesting. I walked from Flinders Street Station and was amazed by the amount of small laneways/alleys that I had never noticed before. It was busier than I expected, most place in Melbourne don't open until later on a Sunday (in my experience anyway.) But it was bustling with people walking through, enjoying coffee and breakfast as well as some other people taking photographs like me.


I noticed that the spaces that were closed off were shut up by roller doors. Any cafe that was shut had these, so I was unable to look in and see how the furniture is stored.



This is where two cafes meet up? The furniture on the left is different than that on the right, although they are similiar in style. This is something to consider when doing this project, that the cafes tend to melt into each other so something different will make a business stand out.



There were lots of people ordering coffees and food on a take away basis as Centre Place seems to be partially an "on the way" place to go but also perhaps because some cafes were very crowded!
Staff were really upbeet and happily moved around stools and tables (indoors) to accomodate larger groups.




No comments:

Post a Comment